Some puzzles for you to enjoy. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
#1 – White to play and gain the advantage.
#2 – White to play a combination to get checkmate.
#3 – White to play to win.
#4 – Can White rescue this position? White to play.
#5 – Black resigned in this position as his Bishop was about to be captured. Can you do better?
#6 – White to play and give checkmate in two moves.
#7 – White to play and win with a combination to get checkmate.
Want more Chess puzzles? Shredder.com has a daily puzzles site. Check them out using the link below.
1. Rxe5 Rxe5 2. Nf3 forking Rook and Queen.
1. Nef7+ Qxf7 2. Nxf7+ Kd7 3. Bb5+ c6 4. Re7 checkmate.
1. Kg3 Qxc5 2. Qxh2 and Black cannot stop checkmate.
Other tries like 1. …g5 or 1. …f5 or 1. …Rd8 cannot stop the checkmate after 2. Qxh2.
The only thing Black can do is sacrifice Queen for the Rook on h1 and White will win.
1. g4!! White blocks off the Queen from protecting the c8 square and creates a threat of checkmate!
1. … Bg1!! threatening checkmate. White will lose the Queen or Rook.
1. Rxb7+ Nxb7 2. Na6 checkmate.
1. Qd8+ Kxd8 2. Bb5+ Ke8 3. Rd8 checkmate. If 2. … Kc7 then 3. Bd8 checkmate.